"A Trip to THE Ohio State Fair" (July 29, 2011)
These pictures hail from THE Ohio State Fair, one of the many things to do around the Central Ohio area this weekend. The Fair lasts through August 7. Pop diva Ke$ha performed there tonight. Meat Loaf performs on Saturday night.
This year’s butter sculpture is a tribute to Ohio’s place in Space History and a salute to the now-retired NASA Shuttle program.
Here are some of the performers at this year’s Fair:
- MeatLoaf (Saturday, Celeste Center)
- The David Crowder Band (Monday, Celeste Center)
- Glenn Miller Orchestra (Tuesday, Celeste Center)
- Loretta Lynn and The Oak Ridge Boys (Tuesday, Celeste Center)
To view a complete list of performers at the Fair, plus Fair Attractions, go to http://www.ohiostatefair.com.
10) THE Butter Cow
9) The Giant Slide in the Midway
8) Sandra Lee stopped by as part of her Semi-Homemade Tour in 2010, and I got to meet her during and afterwards, very nice (I meant she is nice)
7) “Just Put Some Candy in the Basket”, the goal is to weigh it, the more it weighs, the more expensive it gets
6) The Glide
5) “Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires” (darn straight, Smokey)
4) Bulk Candy (see # 7)
3) THE “O-H-I-O” Gateway Entrance from 11th Avenue (try to guess the side street, you can’t, can ya?)
2) THE Ferris Wheel
1) The 2010 Butter Sculpture (other than THE Butter Cow), an homage to the NFL’s “Play60” initiative, featuring then-Cincinnati Bengal safety (and Dublin Coffman grad Chinedum Ndukwe) and Cleveland Browns all-pro offensive tackle Joe Thomas, in butter.