To the east of Groveport lies Canal Winchester, which was part of the Ohio-Erie Canal of the 19th Century. Founded in 1828, Canal Winchester is a community that is growing in the 2010s. The Canal Winchester Ribs and Blues Festival winds down today with a lot of Blues musicians in the Downtown Historic District, all day today.
1) Welcome to Canal Winchester- The gateway entrance to Canal Winchester at Gender Rd. & US 33
2) The Bergstresser-Dietz Covered Bridge (Washington St. & Ashbrook Rd.)- This covered bridge, built in 1887, is the LAST of the covered bridges of Franklin County. In 1991, this bridge was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.
3) Canal Winchester Middle School (Washington St.)- Part of the school was built in 1862 as the Oldest Operating School Building in Central Ohio (if not the State of Ohio). The Prentiss School is not too far from here.
4) Town Hall (High & Waterloo Sts.)- The Town Hall used to be a bank.
5) Canal Winchester Municipal Building (High St.)
6) This 1937 truck is the truck of “Destination: Canal Winchester”, the village’s Convention and Visitor’s Bureau.
7) This Train Depot was a train stop in Canal Winchester for many years.
8) Stradley Place- The Canal Winchester Farmers Market takes place there on Saturday mornings in the summer; This weekend, it is the second stage of the Canal Winchester Ribs and Blues Fest
9) Wigwam Restaurant
10) The Barber Museum- This Barber Museum is in the heart of the Historic District.